Saturday, March 31, 2007

Day 4

I love Sundays! Because the next day is Monday which is when all will get solved- all will be working and I will be a student at the university!!! (I hope) Today I came to Kutarba's since I had promised. All morning I was at the hotel dancing and thinking. The weather was not so good so I did not go out. Ate my bananas and a little piece of cheese I could break since I did not have a knife and the dentist has forbidden to bite hard things because of my bracelets. Met with Liza about midday.
She was at a relatives house (Manana Kutarba-Khasba's) and was baking a tort. I sat and drank coffee, juice and ate pieces of her tort. The view from the balcony was incredible. It is a really old appartment with all those details and beatiful style. Just at the centre of the city. Milada and Davur the children were so lovely, smiling to me all the time...
After we took a marsrutka to Liza's house. It is a 5 room house. The room at the enterance is not included- that is the living room that opens to three places- one kitchen, one to the hall that has the bathroom, toilet and a room; and the dining room that opens to three rooms.
Their father was very angry to me when he learned that I will rent a place. He hold my ear, showed me a fist, told me I was his 8th daughter, told her girls to take my passport and than I would have to stay here, told it was too expensive to pay 80 dolars for a house where there is only a single room and no hot water.... They sincerely asked me to stay in their place.
Than their neighbour Saida, who is married to a returnee and who lived in Turkey for some years came. She spoke Turkish and she was so kind and so close- asked me to come to stay at their place (upstairs). She said I could never earn 80 dolars a month to give to a house- that it was too expensive... What will I do????...