Saturday, October 10, 2009

Istanbul restaurant in Abkhazia








,





A repatriant has opened a Turkish Meat Restaurant in Sukhum this summer. I just recently had a chance to take a pic (and eat meatballs-which I usually miss). It looks like a high class restaurant and they serve Islama Kofte (a kind of Meat Ball which is served with bread dipped into meat broth.) The restaurant is called Istanbul. It is funny because when I came to Abkhazia there was a restaurant by a repatriant which was called Antalya. Is this a longing for the long lived -second homeland host country, or is it a call for Russian tourists who love to go to these cities but come to Abkhazia for a cheaper holiday? Or is it just the cousine -Turkish they say but meat is all that they serve here- that decides the name?













And I added another pic from a cafe-restaurant called San Remo. I sat there only once since it is a very expensive cafe. I tried a fried camamber but it was nothing close to the one I ate in Stutgart Wine Fest a few years back. Still, if you got money for a drink I suggest you to drop by to this fancy white restaurant just opposite to Agop's coffee house (where Castro and many other famous people have sat) and within the building of the best hotel in Sukhum- Ritsa....

See more from Restaurants and Food from Abkhazia at: http://picasaweb.google.com/abkhaziadiary/FoodRestaurants#